The ILOM web console is a important tool for every Exadata Machine Administrator.
In rare situations you need to launch the remote console but often it doesn’t work.
You need to install a „special“ Java Version which is 32bit on the machine where you would
like to start the ILOM web console. For example in my environment
I had to install „jre1.8.0_91“ on a SuSe Linux machine.
What are the steps to launch the remote console?
- Setup the Java 32 bit Version
- Install the Firefox browser other browers are possible
- Start Firefox and the ILOM Console
- Start the Login as root with password
- Select „redirection“
- Launch „Use Video redirection“
- Open with the 32 bit Java Version „/jre1.8.0_91/bin/javaws“
- confirm with „OK“
- after a while the console starts (sometimes it take up to 1 minute)